The SolarSystem 550 of California Lightworks is a professional and powerful LED grow light which is designed for commercial indoor horticulture.
The power and spectrum can be adjusted if you connect the SolarSystem controller. The controller allows you to manually or automatically control the light’s spectrum and power, it eliminates the need for an external timer.
The system is perfect for a single light in a tent or several hundred lights in a large commercial operation. The SolarSystem 550 uses 400 watt on full power and can be compared to a standard 600watt HPS light. The waterproof system is developed and produced in California and features OSRAM LED diodes, which are the most powerful LEDs available.
● Advanced LED grow light system
● Comparable with a 600 watts HPS with 40% less energy
● Fully programmable spectrum control *
● Higher yields and better quality
● Perfect for propagation, veg or bloom
● Never needs bulbs – Easy to Install
● Perfect for small or large scale grows
● Lifespan: more than 50.000 hours
● Dimensions: 45 x 20 x 10 cm (18 x 8,5 x 4 inch)
● 5 year warranty
* Important: The SolarSystem Controller is required to use all features! (Sold separately)
● Light output/PPF: 888 µmol/s
● Power consumption (watts): 0 – 400
● Electrical efficiency (µmol/J): 2,23
● Spectrum Control: Digital | Programmable
● Spectrum: Chlorophyll based (purple)
● Dimming: 3 channel 0-100% (The spectrum is divided onto 3 drivers: blue, white and red)
● Safe hanging distance: 50 – 60 cm (20 – 24 inch) from your canopy at full power
● Coverage area bloom: Optimal: 120 x 90 cm (3 x 3 Feet) | Maximum: 120 x 120 cm (4 x 4 Feet)
● Coverage area VEG: 200 x 240 cm (6 x 8 Feet)
● Operating temperature: 0 – 41.7°C (0 – 107 F)
● Frequency: 50 – 60 Hz
● Fixture weight: 5.9 kg (13 Lbs)
● Full warranty: 3 years
● Limited warranty: 5 years
● LED lifetime rating: 50.000+ hours
● Cord length: 180 cm (6 feet)
● Certifications: UL & CE
● Thermal Management: Active (Fans)
LED light can be harmful for your eyes, therefore we recommend you to wear the Method Seven glasses to protect your eyes. Besides protection, the glasses filters the light to normal daylight colours which allows you to see the normal green colour of the plant.
– Control/program the entire growth cycle
– A single controller handles un unlimited number of lights
– Automated program for sunrise/sunset
– Digital timer eliminates the need for other external timers
– Day, week or season program
– Smooth transition from veg to bloom
One of the benefits of the SolarSystem 550 is that the LED diodes (red, blue and white) are located on separate electronic circuits cq. drivers. This means all three channels (blue, red, white) can be controlled separately and set with the controller, in comparison with the SolarSystem 275 where only two channels (blue and red) can be controlled.
The advantage here is that you can set for example more blue light in the growth stage of the plant, when the plants need it the most. If for example your sativa is stretching too much you can reduce the red light and increase the blue to reduce internodal distance. On the other hand, if your indica is too short you can reduce the blue light and increase the red light to enlarge the internode distance and build a bigger plant structure. The controller also allows the LED’s to automatically and gradually switch on and off at sunrise or sunset.
The light system is very light in weight (about 6kg) and has a very large coverage area, compared to other systems. The grow light is ideal for professional home growers who want to increase yields, quality and profitability.
If you would like to use several SolarSystem’s 500 at the same time, they are easy to connect to each other with a phone cable. You can connect the controller to the first SolarSystem and daisy-chain (link the others accordingly), the controller can handle up to 1000 lights.
SolarSystem PAR Footprints
These three maps show you the PPFD outcome (the amount of PAR light that reaches the plant) if your grow light hangs at a certain height, all measured at 100cm x 100cm (3 x 3 feet).
Map 1: Grow light at 45 cm (18 inch) height
Map 2: Grow light at 61 cm (24 inch) height
Map 3: Grow light at 91 cm (36 inch) height
The SolarSystem LED grow lights won the Spannabis 2017 “Best Grow Product”, beating off some top quality competition. The SolarSystem series has been completely renewed in 2018, the efficiency improved greatly by this update. The LED system has been designed and produced in the USA, with the highest quality OSRAM diodes and a well balanced spectrum.
There are no reviews yet.